Raspberry Pi 4 Model B, 1GB LPDDR4
Raspberry Pi 4 Model B is the latest product in the popular Raspberry Pi range of computers. It offers ground-breaking increases in processor speed, multimedia performance, memory, and connectivity compared to the prior-generation Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+, while retaining backwards compatibility and similar power consumption. For the end user, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B provides desktop performance comparable to entry-level x86 PC systems.
This product’s key features include a high-performance 64-bit quad-core processor, dual-display support at resolutions up to 4K via a pair of micro-HDMI ports, hardware video decode at up to 4Kp60, up to 4GB of RAM, dual-band 2.4/5.0 GHz wireless LAN, Bluetooth 5.0, Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0, and PoE capability (via a separate PoE HAT add-on).
The dual-band wireless LAN and Bluetooth have modular compliance certification, allowing the board to be designed into end products with significantly reduced compliance testing, improving both cost and time to market.
Broadcom BCM2711, quad-core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz
2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 5.0, BLE Gigabit Ethernet
2 × USB 3.0 ports
2 × USB 2.0 ports.
Standard 40-pin GPIO header (fully backwards-compatible with previous boards)
Video & sound:
- 2 × micro HDMI ports (up to 4Kp60 supported)
- 2-lane MIPI DSI display port
- 2-lane MIPI CSI camera port
- 4-pole stereo audio and composite video port
- H.265 (4Kp60 decode);
- H.264 (1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode);
- OpenGL ES, 3.0 graphics
SD card support:
- Micro SD card slot for loading operating system and data storage
- 5V DC via USB-C connector (minimum 3A1)
- 5V DC via GPIO header (minimum 3A1)
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)–enabled (requires separate PoE HAT)
- Operating temperature 0–50ºC
- The Raspberry Pi 4 Model B will remain in production until at least January 2026.
Product Brief (with warnings and safety instructions)
Raspberry pi comparison - Pi3 Model B / Pi3 Model B+ / Pi4 Model B